Obtain the right knowledge, skills, and connections to advance your IT career
Join Canada’s Association of IT Professionals Today!
Why Join CIPS?
- CIPS Membership is required to apply for and maintain the AITP, I.S.P. and ITCP Designations
- The Information Systems Professional (I.S.P.) is the only IT designation that is recognized by law* in Canada
- *The I.S.P. is legislated as a self regulating designation in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- The Information Technology Certified Professional (ITCP) recognizes senior IT professionals who understand how to effectively apply their organizational and business experience in addition to their IT knowledge
- The Pre-Professional Associate Information Technology Professional (AITP) Designation recognizes recent Graduates from University and College IT programs who do not yet have the required experience for the I.S.P. and ITCP Professional Certifications
- Connect with CIPS members online and in-person
- Attend local and online events to learn and interact with other IT professionals
- Volunteer your time with a CIPS Provincial Society or with CIPS National
- Receive support from the CIPS community
- Mentoring opportunities to assist you with your career growth
Webinars and Webcasts
- Watch live CIPS Webinars or recorded Webcasts hosted by CIPS’ Provincial Societies across Canada
Grow and develop – Volunteer Opportunities
- Learn new skills and make a difference in your local area by volunteering with your CIPS Provincial Society
- Volunteer on National and International initiatives with CIPS National and makes professional connections across the world
- Volunteer for various CIPS initiatives, such as Youth Engagement and mentorship programs that make our sector stronger for everyone
Are you a student?
- Becoming a CIPS member gives you invaluable inroads into the IT sector, providing connections and insights to find a job
- Joining CIPS shows your commitment to professional development and Ethics in IT, letting prospective employers know you’ve got the drive and the skills to make a difference
For additional benefits visit the CIPS Benefits Page