- Member of CIPS since 1994
- Certified Computing Professional (CCP) from the Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP) April 2000
- Information Systems Professional of Canada (I.S.P.) in August 2000
- Information Technology Certified Professional of Canada (ITCP) from CIPS accredited by the International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3) in 2009.
- Joined the Board of CIPS NS as Treasurer in May 2001 (May 2001 to May 2003) to work on the project to get the ISP Legislation passed in Nova Scotia. The legislation (Bill 119, the Canadian Information Processing Society of Nova Scotia Act) was passed and proclaimed in 2002.
- Vice-President, CIPS NS in 2006-2007 and assisted with the planning for Informatics 2007 in Halifax, NS.
- President, CIPS NS from NS for 2007 – 2008.
- Past-President, CIPS NS for 2008 – 2009 and 2013 – 2017
- Director, CIPS National Board (including the CCITP) representing CIPS NS since 2008 to present.
*Updated Oct 17 2018