Website Canpotex Limited
We are a vital link in the global food chain where our expertise in potash sales and marketing, transportation and logistics delivers food security to millions around the world and inspires growth here at home and abroad.
Canpotex is undergoing a digital transformation focused on people, processes and technologies. We are committed to delivering next generation technologies, in support of our global operations and enhanced user experiences. Transitioning to more cloud-based services, our system infrastructure and network environment is a hybrid of legacy and modern applications, deployed in virtual and physical environments.
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator (20-08) to join the Business Information (BI) team in our Saskatoon office.
You are an innovator who is an agile learner and is passionate about improving processes through leading edge technologies. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and stable operation of our global infrastructure and network environment. You are a relationship builder who collaborates with business partners across the organization and will be responsible for providing the highest level of technical support and expertise to internal users. You will establish and maintain efficient operations of business information systems, in support of core organizational functions including: planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, optimizing and securing all data center infrastructure, cloud technologies, network hardware, systems, software, client infrastructure and communication links. You will also liaise with vendors to ensure collaborative business relationships.
What you will do:
- Follow industry best practices to implement, administrate, support, and maintain Data Centre Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, Network, Network Security, VoIP and Mobile Devices.
- Manage the global hybrid infrastructure and network environment that consists of on-premise infrastructure utilizing VMWare, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, Fortinet, and various Cloud, IaaS, SaaS solutions including Microsoft Azure, and Office 365.
- Provide system administration and system infrastructure support for user facing applications.
- Ensure overall availability and management of service level agreements on infrastructure and network services.
- Ensure exceptional support for all Canpotex global end users and customers by proactively identifying opportunities and researching ways to improve user and service experience.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through cross-departmental collaboration and driving digital transformation initiatives.
What you will bring:
- University degree in computer science or diploma in computer-related discipline from a technical institute. Certifications such as Microsoft MCSE, VMWare, and Fortinet will be considered an asset.
- Minimum five years’ experience in managing a corporate infrastructure and network environment including experience managing commercial vendor agreements and relationships.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization solutions and in Microsoft technologies including Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint.
- In-depth knowledge in network and cyber security.
- Experience writing batch scripts and/or working with PowerShell would be considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong work ethic, high attention to detail and a willingness to tackle difficult and complex problems in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The ability to be a part of a team and communicate effectively with end users that have wide-ranging technology knowledge and ability.
- Ability to balance multiple deadlines and deliver on several projects simultaneously.
If you are interested in learning more about Canada’s complex and innovative potash export industry, we would like to hear from you. The deadline for applications is April 7, 2020. Please visit our website (https://www.canpotex.com/) to submit your cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.canpotex.com.