Website Ministry of the Solicitor General
The Ministry of the Solicitor General (SOLGEN) Digital Design Branch is moving forward with a sector-wide initiative (The Criminal Justice Digital Design (CJDD) project) that will define and implement a criminal justice sector roadmap of sustained transformation. CJDD is a complex cross-sector, multi-disciplinary, multi-year initiative that requires extensive time and resources to successfully ensure its development and delivery.
The roadmap will guide criminal justice sector transformation to implement emerging technology to address evolving sector needs and includes five (5) project streams:
- Criminal E-Intake (CeI) – an online solution that will allow the police to electronically submit charge packages and supporting process documents for review and consideration by a Justice of the Peace in Intake Court
- Digital Evidence Management (DEM) – a cloud-based SaaS solution to manage, store and share multimedia evidentiary files, ensuring secure, anytime/anywhere access across the justice sector by justice partners and stakeholders
- Digital Disclosure & Hearing Hub (D2H2) – an online cloud-based solution enabling both secure electronic document and evidence sharing during virtual court hearings
- Criminal Courts Case Management Systems and Portal (New ICON) – modernization of the existing mainframe-based criminal case management system (ICON) and tools available to the Courts to enhance and improve data-sharing
- Integration – an integration platform for secure exchange of data and documents between justice sector partners delivering anytime/anywhere access to criminal matters between various systems
Bring your project leadership skills and systems analyst, system design, project planning and test planning skills to Justice Technology Services, Digital Design Branch, where you will coordinate and lead the delivery of quality assurance (QA) and continuous improvement (CI) services for the Cluster, and its partners.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service (OPS)?
We are re-thinking how we deliver services through various initiatives, modernization initiatives and how we access and deliver critical services remotely. We are striving to enable a future-ready OPS workforce through technology-focused enterprise-wide strategies.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, recognize team and individual achievements, and support flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit http://www.opseu.org for a copy of the current collective agreements.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Develop test strategies for application portfolios
- Define quality assurance targets
- Lead and promote a load testing discipline among projects
- Coordinate with testers in identifying load testing artifacts
- Perform IT application tests
- Participate in Cluster project management, risk management, development and issues management activities
- Ensure that quality assurance guidelines and processes align with existing Cluster and OPS QA and I&IT standards
- Prepare, validate, automate and execute all related test cases and test scripts
- Lead the test planning activities, confirm acceptance of proposed test schedules, and assign script writing and script execution to test resources
- Ensure a rigorous approach to quality assurance is used for UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Act as a key liaison and focal point, providing information on, and leading, activities for the Cluster project teams
- Review and analyze client business requirements for system changes and upgrades to determine testing requirements
- Develop/participate in new system designs and enhancements.
Location: North Bay, Toronto
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated experience in testing and implementing web- and portal-based applications
- You have an understanding of technology platforms: operating systems, database technologies, application development languages, client desktops, mobile, middleware, Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, networks, firewalls and telecommunications protocols
- You have knowledge of QA Testing Methodology (testing tools, processes and standards, types of testing: Functional, Integration, System, Regression, User Acceptance, Migration/Conversion)
- You have tested applications within the different frameworks and platforms such as J2EE, .NET, Domino, IMS, Oracle, and others
- You have knowledge of industry best practices and testing tools such as Selenium, SOAP UI
- You have sound knowledge of database design
Quality Assurance Testing Skills:
- You have experience in test management (Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Execution), defect management (Defect Life Cycle and Triage) and Test Execution Reporting
- You have knowledge of n-tier web-based applications
- You have an understanding of governing policies, processes, and procedures, the use of the application being tested, as well as the test tools
- You are knowledgeable about software design and development methods, and general technical and functional use of application being tested
- You are able to acquire and apply sound knowledge of clients’ QA needs and business environment, to define scope of work
Project Management and Problem-Solving Skills:
- You have analytical skills to ensure compliance with quality control guidelines, assess quality control findings and make decisions on the quality acceptability
- You can review and analyze client and ministry business requirements for system changes and updates
- You possess conceptual skills to see the big picture and assist in integrating QA/testing processes and standards
- You can collaborate with teams in order to identify and address testing/QA problems
- You can mentor team members, and develop and encourage team work and high performance
Communication and Negotiation Skills:
- You can effectively liaise and facilitate communication with numerous internal and external stakeholders
- You have demonstrated customer service and consensus-building skills to determine client expectations and ensure they meet organizational goals
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team and act as a team leader
- You have demonstrated written skills to document Testing artifacts (Test Cases, Scenarios and others)
Salary Range: $1,468.71 – $1,897.31 Per Week
- 4 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 655 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 200 First Ave W, North Bay, North Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 155485, by Thursday, January 28, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
To apply for this job please visit www.ontario.ca.