Website Prairie Diagnostic Services Inc.
Prairie Diagnostic Services Inc. (PDS) is a full service veterinary diagnostic laboratory and home to an industry recognized in-house developed Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). PDS is located at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine on the campus of the University of Saskatchewan and plays a critical role in ensuring animal health, supporting economic growth and, as part of its collaborative work with the Western College of Veterinary Medicine, strengthening industry learning and research.
PDS is seeking an innovative client-focused individual to join our IT team as our permanent full-time Programmer Analyst. This position will allow you to leverage your technical expertise and passion for working with a diverse group of users on a wide range of projects and tasks to contribute to the success of PDS.
You will be responsible for working with staff to identify organization needs, provide solutions and to support and lead implementation. This position will:
- Translate organization needs into the design, code, testing, configuration and implementation of software programs, applications and interfaces including mobile;
- Support and provide backup to the Systems Analyst in the operation, maintenance, development, testing and implementation of the PDS LIMS;
- Liaise with network administrators to resolve problems with software products and organizational systems;
- Identify hardware needs and evaluate options;
- Support end users with implementation and operation of software solutions; and
- Install software products for end users as required.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- C# experience including WinForms, XAML, and ASP .NET;
- Knowledge of .NET web services;
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SQL and Linux;
- Knowledge and experience with full MS Suite of Office and Business applications and analytical tools;
- Knowledge of business information systems and integrations;
- Knowledge of concepts and techniques to interface with systems and devices using web services and serial programming;
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies;
- Familiarity with version control procedures including GIT;
- Knowledge of socket and serial communications including ASTM communication protocol;
- Knowledge of database design concepts, theories and principles; and
- Strong communication, relationship-building, teamwork, person to person and customer service skills to work effectively in an evolving environment.
Typically, this knowledge would be attained through the completion of a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline supplemented with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an application development environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. End user application support, project management and web development skills and experience are assets. Your application will clearly indicate how you have acquired the relevant knowledge, abilities and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal record check completed.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging and diverse work for talented individuals;
- Opportunities to learn and grow;
- Advancement opportunities;
- Potential for a flexible work schedule;
- A positive team environment.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com