Website Ministry of the Solicitor General
The Ministry of the Solicitor General (SOLGEN) Digital Design Branch is moving forward with a sector-wide initiative (The Criminal Justice Digital Design (CJDD) project) that will define and implement a criminal justice sector roadmap of sustained transformation. CJDD is a complex cross-sector, multi-disciplinary, multi-year initiative that requires extensive time and resources to successfully ensure its development and delivery.
The roadmap will guide criminal justice sector transformation to implement emerging technology to address evolving sector needs, and includes five (5) project streams:
- Criminal E-Intake (CeI) – an online solution that will allow the police to electronically submit charge packages and supporting process documents for review and consideration by a Justice of the Peace in Intake Court
- Digital Evidence Management (DEM) – a cloud-based SaaS solution to manage, store and share multimedia evidentiary files, ensuring secure, anytime/anywhere access across the justice sector by justice partners and stakeholders
- Digital Disclosure and Hearing Hub (D2H2) – an online cloud-based solution enabling both secure electronic document and evidence sharing during virtual court hearings
- Criminal Courts Case Management Systems and Portal (New ICON) – modernization of the existing mainframe-based criminal case management system (ICON) and tools available to the Courts to enhance and improve data-sharing
- Integration – an integration platform for secure exchange of data and documents between justice sector partners, delivering anytime/anywhere access to criminal matters between various systems
Come and showcase your expertise, where you will lead and provide a comprehensive range of I&IT business analysis services for clients.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice within Justice Technology Services (JTS), Infrastructure Services Technology (ITS), the ministry and across the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
What can I expect to do in this role?
As an I&IT Senior Business Analyst, you will:
- lead and conduct business analysis, both on an ongoing basis and for business projects, to assess clients’ business problems or opportunities
- determine and document user requirements for business processes
- provide clients with advice regarding business processes, recommendations and options
- build and maintain relationships with a variety of business users
- determine clients’ needs and priorities to resolve service management issues
- closely work with application developers to translate business requirements into technical language and validate requirements once developed
- apply re-engineering concepts to promote business improvements through alternative, cost-effective service delivery approaches
- develop strategies, prepare business cases and cost-benefit analyses, and conduct feasibility studies for business I&IT initiatives
- conduct and lead research to identify opportunities for improving I&IT systems use and management
- provide input to annual and multi-year planning cycles
- facilitate and manage stakeholder communication, both on an ongoing basis and throughout project life cycles, to support informed client/cluster decision-making on solution options
- participate on cross-organizational projects and committees to provide expertise and hands-on business analysis integration and risk assessment
- develop business requirements and technical specifications for requests for proposals (RFPs) and participate in assessing bids and negotiating service level agreements (SLAs) with vendors
Location(s): North Bay, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge of, and skills in:
- service delivery management, portfolio, program/project management, and resource management
- all aspects of business analysis, including enterprise-level and client program area business analysis and modelling expertise
- enterprise business architectural concepts in order to ensure that recommended technologies are consistent with OPS standards
- knowledge of software development life cycle, software design, development and integration, database concepts, user interface design principles, change management, quality assurance, risk management, disaster recovery planning, and business continuity planning to develop solutions and/or infrastructure services to satisfy business needs
- knowledge of industry trends in integrated systems, solutions and infrastructure such as mainframe, web-based platforms, desktop technologies, networking, and security
Communication and Consultation Skills
- you possess oral and written communication techniques to provide advice, lead workshops, and make presentations to clients and cluster/ITS senior management
- you have consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills to lead dialogues, reach agreements, and resolve issues
- you can assess clients’ business requirements, and identify best technology solutions from among alternatives to ensure clients’ expectations are satisfied in a cost-effective manner
- you can evaluate directions, trends, standards and policies in a complex and evolving environment using multiple sources of guidance
- you can identify, research, develop and assess information architecture and data management options, policies, standards, and methods
- you have knowledge of common office software, and specialized software for process and data modelling and diagram development
- ability to acquire and apply I&IT cluster and corporate policies, directives, guidelines and procedures related to service delivery processes, and enterprise business architecture
- ability to acquire and apply clients’ programs, business goals and objectives, to understand business needs, identify partnership opportunities and match technology solutions to business requirements and provide advice on application of I&IT
- ability to acquire and apply OPS procurement methodology and practices to write business requirements, prepare input for RFPs (requests for proposal), and participate in their evaluation
Salary Range: $73,402 – $108,164 Per Year
- 5 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 655 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 200 First Ave W, North Bay, North Region, Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 155489, by Thursday, January 28, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
To apply for this job please visit www.ontario.ca.