Do you have a passion for technology and innovative student learning? Are you looking for a great working environment? Then come “learn, share and grow” with us in the natural place to work! From coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the natural place to learn,” provides world- class instruction to inspire success for every student. Honouring diversity, our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2650 staff and 16,000 students offer a safe and nurturing environment grounded in our values of trust, respect, responsibility and collaboration.
Reporting to the Secretary-Treasurer, the Director of Information & Communication Technology provides leadership in developing the technology infrastructure and services for our diverse School District. The job duties of the position are broad and include establishing the direction for technology.
As a key driver in our organization, your exceptional communication and collaboration skills will prove invaluable in our multi-stakeholder, educational environment, as you establish and maintain effective relationships across the school district to accomplish required initiatives.
- Provides strong leadership within the department and maintains a credible and focused team that is accountable and responsive to the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates leadership in creating a positive, engaging, supportive and inclusive team environment to deliver service excellence
- Champions employee engagement by providing mentorship, training and setting consistent performance expectations
- Fosters a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability for IT support
- Leads the implementation of a forward thinking IT roadmap for the District
- Partners with schools to develop school technology plans and supports school administration with sustainable technology acquisition that meets District standards
- Maximizes student learning by ensuring effective use of innovative technology.
- Responsible for information and communications technology policies and corresponding procedures, developing multi-year operating and capital budgets ensuring efficient resource utilization and negotiating technology service contracts
Security and Risk
- Acts as a key driver in establishing a security culture within the department and across the District, placing a high value on protecting personal information, technology assets and the District’s reputation
- Ensures compliance with related privacy legislation, applicable regulations and standards
We are looking for an exceptional leader, who possesses a high level of integrity, excellent communication and influencing skills that are critical in working across a large and complex organization with a variety of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a relevant post-secondary degree
- Minimum 7 years of senior information technology leadership in an environment of similar scope and complexity
- Proven track-record in delivering business driven, enterprise-wide technology solutions
- Extensive knowledge of network operating systems, IT infrastructure, application support and web development
Ready to Apply?
Please send your cover letter and resume outlining your background and why you are interested in this role to:
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis until the position is filled.
The North Vancouver School District values the time you have taken to submit your application however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.
At the North Vancouver School District, our values guide what we do. We support diversity and inclusion in our workplaces and schools; we welcome and respect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents of all our employees and students.
We value the opportunity to learn, share and grow on the traditional territory of the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org