Website Ministry of the Solicitor General - Ontario Provincial Police
Are you an innovative IT executive that thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and delivers at their best when challenged by a demanding agenda? Consider this exciting opportunity as the Director, Technology and Client Services within the Communications Technology and Services Bureau in the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP).
The Communications and Technology Services Bureau facilitates the provision of secure computing technology and communication capabilities, network connectivity, data management, and support for the organization. The team’s technology expertise is continuously relied on to ensure the OPP maintains the most efficient and cost-effective technology requirements. The director will provide leadership for I&IT Business Solutions/operations/project management, including infrastructure design, within the enterprise division.
Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership teams is a top OPS priority, with the goal to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most underrepresented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) in leadership positions. To advance this goal, the OPS is collecting socio-demographic information that will help to address potential barriers and achieve equity in hiring.
You are invited to complete the voluntary survey and contribute to building a more diverse, inclusive and accessible OPS. If you have completed the survey since September 28th, 2020, you do not need to complete it again unless you would like to change your responses or consent.
The OPS is an accessible employer and offers accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process.
An effective leader in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is responsible, innovative and collaborative. A responsible leader demonstrates authenticity, accountability and courage in how they interact with others. An innovative leader leads with common purpose, embraces positive disruption, and has a future mindset. A collaborative leader focuses on helping others to grow, drives people-centred outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusivity; this leader works to confront bias and systemic barriers while understanding the importance of creating a more diverse and accessible workplace.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Director, Technology and Client Services, you will:
- Develop and manage key senior management relationships with internal and external partners, clients and stakeholders to provide related strategic business advice.
- Provide leadership to the branch team and foster a workplace culture of respect, equity and inclusivity.
- Provide strategic direction and ensure the integrity, quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of branch planning to achieve consistent compliance with OPS and/or contractual service standards and budgetary requirements.
- Lead the delivery of I&IT solutions to support the core business functions of the Ontario Provincial Police.
How do I qualify?
- You are a collaborative and innovative leader with the proven ability to meet business priorities and execute new opportunities to maximize results.
- You motivate and inspire staff through change while fostering a culture of innovation, diversity, inclusion, equity and excellence.
- You are a results-oriented leader with the proven ability to meet business priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are an experienced leader with a proven track record of delivering effective and efficient results while managing highly complex and a large volume of concurrent projects.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management
- You have excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills and exceptional judgement and political acuity.
- You have a client service focus and relationship management skills to develop and sustain effective business relationships, and anticipate and resolve conflicts.
- You have the ability to build credibility and develop partnerships that align technologies in pursuit of customer-focused excellence.
- You have proven ability to build and manage senior-level business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners, vendors and decision-makers at various levels of government.
- You have created effective internal/external communication strategies to ensure compliance with all established policies and protocols.
- You have extensive knowledge of IT and related technologies, tools, trends and best practices, to direct the design, development and implementation of branch I&IT plans in support of the enterprise division needs as well as clients’ needs.
- You have proven project management experience and have led functions in highly sensitive, political environments that demand responsiveness, flexibility and decisive action.
- You have experience with the deployment and integration of enterprise technology across multiple channels for multiple lines of business.
- You offer a solid understanding of IT business, solutions delivery and have proven experience directing multiple, intersecting lines of business.
- You have a proven track record of solutions delivery of large and diverse I&IT projects on time and on budget.
- Screening – Level 4 OPP screening required
I acknowledge that there is a voluntary survey to complete as part of this competition and that, if I choose not to participate in this survey, this will not impact my participation in the competition process.
Location: 777 Memorial Ave, Orillia
Salary: $130,930 – $171,620 Per Year
Duration: 1 Permanent
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, March 9, 2021, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=161165. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.