New Westminster Schools seeks a self-motivated, organized, innovative, creative, collaborative and dynamic Director of Information Technology. Under the direction of the Associate Superintendent of Schools, the Director of Information Technology plays a vital role towards ensuring our vision, mission and values are executed. This includes supporting our four strategic priorities:
- Transform Student Learning
- Build Meaningful Relationships
- Lead into our Future
- Ensure Full Participation in Learning
About New Westminster Schools
New Westminster is located in the center of Metro Vancouver between the larger communities of Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, and Richmond. Despite its location, the city is relatively small and has retained a strong sense of history and community. The total population is approximately 70,000 and is expected to grow to 84,000 by 2021. District schools are, in general, fully subscribed, and a modest increase in student enrolment is expected over the next few years.
The student population is reflective of the city’s population, with a full range of social and cultural backgrounds forming a diverse presence in our schools.
- Approximately 7000 K-12 students in 12 schools (8 elementary, 3 middle and 1 secondary), including:
- 319 Aboriginal students;
- 1,051 English Language Learner (ELL) students;
- 998 French Immersion students; and,
- 538 students with identified Special Needs.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.