Website Peel Regional Police
Temporary, full-time position
Are you a solutions-oriented and analytically skilled problem-solver with knowledge of desktop hardware and software installation and configuration? If so, consider this opportunity to demonstrate your expertise with Peel Regional Police – one of Canada’s most progressive police services.
As an Engineer – Configuration on our ITS Client Technology Services team, you’ll be responsible for providing support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. With a focus on ensuring optimal performance, you’ll install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all desktop computer hardware and software.
More specifically, as a Configuration Engineer, you will:
- Provide 2nd level technical support relating to the desktop computing environment, including on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex desktop problems, recommending and implementing corrective solutions, including off-site repairs, while meeting all required desktop service levels.
- Coordinate, plan and implement deployment and installation of new/refreshed desktop equipment, adhering to Configuration Office processes and procedures.
- Build, test, document, certify and deploy customized application configurations for installation on any Peel Regional Police (PRP) hardware model and supported operating systems.
- Maintain and update installation procedures for software deployment and all image configurations following PRP software and image certification processes.
- Maintain proficiency in all existing and new desktop technologies and systems implemented within Peel Regional Police.
- Participate in new projects, including evaluating, testing, recommending and implementing new technology solutions.
In the role of Engineer – Configuration, you will apply the following education, experience and skills:
- A community college diploma in a computer-related discipline or equivalent, preferably with Microsoft Certification (MCSE), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a directly related environment
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of related computer applications pertinent to the function
- Demonstrated knowledge of desktop hardware/software applications
- Demonstrated knowledge in the installation and configuration of desktop hardware/software
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems ITIL Configuration Management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
- Working knowledge of software packaging, delivery and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Desktop Patch Management software, preferred
- Proficiency in deploying, managing and supporting Windows 7 Desktop Operating System and Office 2010 Professional suite of applications
- Effective oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform all activities
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G) with full driving privileges
- Ability to successfully complete the following tests: Canada Back Fitness Test; Config Engineer – Practical; Driver Evaluations; and Lifting – Config Engineer.
The wage range for this temporary, full-time position is $28.90 to $45.33 per hour.
Peel Regional Police is committed to ensuring the health and wellness of its employees and offers many programs and services in support of work-life balance and both personal and professional wellness. From wellness protection for you and your family, to state-of-the-art fitness facilities available to you free of charge, to structured programs to nurture your intellectual, physical and emotional wellness, we’ve got you covered.
Our Vision: A Safer Community Together
Peel Regional Police, the second largest municipal police service in Ontario, polices the cities of Mississauga and Brampton (population 1,346,000) and serves the 44 million travellers who pass through Toronto Pearson International Airport annually.
Peel Regional Police is acknowledged as one of Canada’s most progressive police services. A proactive approach to problem-solving, a dedication to professional excellence and a reputation for making the community a better place in which to live and work – these are the hallmarks of Peel Regional Police.
Qualified persons should apply online at www.peelpolice.ca, referencing Job ID #302914, by Monday, July 13, 2020. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email. No agency contact and/or referrals, please.
Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to a thorough background investigation that includes, but is not limited to, police checks with local, provincial and out-of-country law enforcement agencies, if required, education credentials, credit and financial inquiries, and personal and work references.
To apply for this job please visit www.peelpolice.ca.