Website Real Programming 4 Kids
Real Programming 4 Kids (RP4K) seeks passionate Video Game Programming Instructors to teach 7-17 year old students computer programming and create video games!
Learn more about our company here: https://realprogramming.com/
RP4K Instructors lead a group of up to 4 students in a quest to build one of our many games over the course of 18 week programs. Classes are 1-2 hours long, once a week. Students learn the fundamentals of programming through interactive online lessons using Zoom. Students are challenged to develop the code step by step, while instructors utilize screen-sharing software and our learning management system to provide comprehensive, hands-on lessons!
RP4K School Season shifts are available Monday-Thursday 5-9 PM, and Saturday 9-6 PM, in addition to other tasks and assigned work outside those standard hours. Full availability totals 30 hours a week.
RP4K Instructors are teaching set weekly classes, offered in a 18 week program length, and depending on their difficulty have different course lengths.
RP4K School Season run Introductory or Beginner level programs in the format of 1 hour per week, developing level courses are 1.5 hours per week, and all intermediate and above courses are 2 hours per week.
Regular hours for School Season are 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM for Saturday, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM for Monday-Thursday. We do not have classes on Holidays.
All instructors are paid for 15 minutes before and after each scheduled day to attend our check-in and check-out meetings, or to perform any additional administrative tasks.
Qualified Computer Programming Instructors are:
- Graduate from relevant Game Programming or Computer Science program, from a University or College Computer Science program;
- Has great communication skills and is comfortable working with kids and parents online;
An ideal Computer Programming Instructor is someone who is:
- Has previous experience working with children in a technical or non-technical environment;
- Confident and outgoing in a virtual setting;
- Encouraging, energetic, and motivating during long sessions;
- Knowledgeable, dependable, and reliably available;
- Experience using tools like Visual Studio, Git with remote storage, PyCharm, Unity, Netbeans, Eclipse, Android Studio.
Computer Programming Instructor responsibilities are:
- Teach students using lecture material, demonstrations, discussions, animations, and computer programming examples.
- Manage a small class setting of up to 4 students
- Utilizing screen-sharing software to provide assistance, direction, and educational content
- Lead students through our existing course material, and customizing the game in the remaining time after the material is complete
- Use RP4K communication tools regularly to perform basic administrative tasks (course recommendations, behavior reports, absence requests)
We thank all candidates for your application; however, those who best fit the qualifications will be contracted or an interview. Working remotely is available and/or otherwise at our work location of 1511-255 Glenlake Avenue, Toronto (no walks ins please.)
Working with children requires a vulnerable sector police check, all offers are contingent on a passing vulnerable sector police check.
Email your resume and cover letter explaining how you best fit the qualifications to the attention of Dylan Brunning.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com