Website Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Location: Saskatoon Campus
Brief description of position and responsibilities:
The program will prepare internationally-educated graduates with degrees in information and communications technology for the fields of data analysis and machine learning.
1. The position will be instructing material in post graduate courses and related areas as required. These may include:
• cost and benefit estimation for process change
• conversion of business questions into data mining problems
• enterprise data architecture and associated technologies
• strategies to leverage the popular data science language Python
• importance of business intelligence to the modern enterprise
• application of artificial intelligence (AI) application programming interfaces (APIs) to business applications
• application of algorithms to make predictions that form the foundation of machine learning
• ethical issues surrounding big data
• emerging application of AI to common business areas
2. Development of curriculum and training materials in accordance with leading industry standards.
3. Instruction of theoretical material on-campus, online or by distance (print or video).
4. Classroom/lab preparation and instruction of practical learning outcomes.
5. Evaluation of students.
6. Administration duties including but not limited to meetings, student counseling, program inventories, etc.
7. Supervision, participation and/or evaluation of students in a practicum/work integrated learning setting.
Qualifications for the position:
1. Related Masters Degree with major in Computer Science, OR Masters of Business Administration with an undergraduate in Computer Sciences or related.
2. Recent/relevant experience (2 years in the last 5) in the computer science/information technology field or an Information Technology Certified Professional (ITCP), or two year’s recent/relevant post-secondary instructional experience.
3. Effective communication (both oral and written) skills.
4. Effective interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to function as a team member in an ever-changing environment.
6. Effective instructional ability.
7. Demonstrated competence and recent experience in the use of the internet, e-mail, MS Office Suite software and ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
8. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Deadline to apply: 1/31/2021
To apply for this job please visit careers.saskpolytech.ca.