Position and Responsibilities
Cameco’s business technology services (BTS) department provides vital services to world-wide operations utilizing a variety of technologies to support key operations. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working team-player to join the applications team to administer and support various business capabilities. This is a great opportunity to develop skills in a high demand technology, as well as to interact with the business and understand their needs in order to provide innovative solutions using data modelling and content development.
You will work within a team of technical experts to understand the data requirements and optimise their use within the business departments. Your main area of responsibility will be improving business processes and driving innovation through the use of business intelligence software. You will translate business needs to technical solutions while applying best practices in IT security, governance and change management. This is a growth opportunity with potential to progress your career in the exciting field of information technology. This is a three-year temporary term position.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, operations research, economics or mathematics
- Three years of applicable work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience with data curation, report creation, key performance indicator (KPI) development and statistical analysis
- Analytical skills, including strong SQL query knowledge
- Experience working with an enterprise data warehouse – BigQuery, Azure or equivalent
- Experience with business reporting tools – Power BI, Data Studio, Tableau, SSRS or equivalent
- Experience with ETL tools (Datastage, Data services, SSIS, or others)
- Experience working with SAP BI/BW/BPC, BOBJ (Webi, Universe, Crystal Report)
- Exposure to predictive analytics, Tensorflow, Pytorch, R language, SAS or equivalent
- Exposure to dimensional data modelling (Kimball)
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
Deadline for applications is January 28, 2021. Please quote competition number 33546.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.