ITCP Certification includes a number of different routes to Certification, each representing a different background by which an IT professional may have reached ITCP level. The routes include:
Education Plus Experience Route:
An IT related University or College degree/diploma or BCS/ICCP Exams are required for this application route.
The following lists the required years of IT professional based on your IT University/College education. To determine if your program was Accredited by CIPS please visit: http://www.cips.ca/accredited*.
|Education||Minimum years of Professional Experience at SFIA Level 4||Plus: |
– Demonstrated understanding of how I.T. fits within the organization model;
– 2 years of recent demonstrated capability to operate at SFIA Level 5;
– 2 years of recent demonstrated competence at SFIA Level 5 in one or more areas I.T. specialization
|Accredited 4-year University (C.Sc. or S.E.)||1||√|
|Accredited 4-year University (Interdisciplinary Programs)||6||√|
|Accredited 3-year University (C.Sc. or S.E.)||2||√|
|Non-accredited 4-year University Degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, M.I.S.)||3||√|
|Non-accredited 3 year University Degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, M.I.S.)||5||√|
|Accredited 3-year College/Technical Program||3||√|
|Accredited 2-year College/Technical Program||4||√|
|Non-accredited 3-year Public/Private College/Technical Program||5||√|
|Non-accredited 2-year College/Technical Program||6||√|
|Accredited one-year post-graduate I.T. program||6||√|
|ICCP Examinations Leading to CCP (or equivalent)||4||√|
|British Computer Society (BCS) Diploma Level Exams||4||√|
|British Computer Society (BCS) Professional Graduate Level Exams||3||√|
*Applicants who have graduated from an accredited IT program recognized under the Seoul Accord are also recognized as accredited.
Established Academic Route
This Established Academic Route is available to professionals who:
- have a full-time academic position in a Computer Science (CS) department or in an Management Information Systems (MIS) department at a Canadian University or equivalent and are ranked at least Associate Professor, or are eligible to hold this rank; and
- are established in their field, both as a teacher and as a researcher, and will have contributed some service to their discipline and or profession.
IT Industry Leader Route
The IT Industry Leader entry route is designed specifically for senior IT professionals who hold a non-IT related university degree, but possess the required experience to practice in the field. If you completed an IT relevant undergraduate or college education, then you should apply under the Education Plus Experience entry route.
The IT Industry Leader application route is available to professionals who:
- already have an established career in IT (generally not less than 12 years); and
- are responsible for IT strategies, resources, and operations at the organizational level.
Australian Computer Society Computer Professional Education Program (CPEP)
Applicants must have successful completed the Australian Computer Society (ACS) Computer Professional Education Program (CPEP).
Existing I.S.P. holders Route
For active holders of CIPS’ I.S.P. Designation