The title of CIPS Honorary Fellow may be granted to highly distinguished individuals including CIPS Fellows, CIPS members and non-members. Although the individual does not necessarily need to first be a CIPS Fellow, the individual must meet the primary criteria established for CIPS Fellowship:
- Having made a significant development and/or outstanding contribution to the advancement of the profession, the ICT industry or adoption of ICT.
In addition CIPS Honorary Fellows will have met at least one of the following criteria:
- Exceptional leadership, innovative or technical contribution that significantly advanced CIPS and/or the IT profession;
- Played a tremendous role in the mentorship or inspiration of new generations of IT professionals;
- Academic eminence;
- Influenced the thinking of the wider IT community;
- Promoted the health, safety and welfare of the public.
- CIPS Honorary Fellows can only be nominated by 1) existing CIPS Fellows, 2) the CIPS National Board or 3) a Provincial Society Board.
1. CIPS Honorary Fellows can only be nominated by 1) existing CIPS Fellows, 2) the CIPS National Board or 3) a Provincial Society Board.
2. Nominations must be accompanied by a letter of support outlining why CIPS Honorary Fellow status should be granted and be signed by the CIPS Fellow nominator or Chair of the nominating body.
3. Nominations will be reviewed by the CIPS Fellows Nominations Committee.
4. The CIPS Fellow Nominations Committee will take their recommendations for CIPS Honorary Fellow status to the CIPS National Board of Directors for approval.
5. All CIPS Honorary Fellows require the unanimous approval of all CIPS National Board of Directors present at a duly called meeting.
6. Given the special status of CIPS Honorary Fellow it will not necessarily be awarded each year and no more than two CIPS Honorary Fellows are to be granted in any one give year.
1. Individuals awarded CIPS Honorary Fellow status will receive life-long membership in CIPS with all membership and applicable professional dues being waived.