CIPS Connections – March 5th, 2008
SecTor 2008 is currently open to speaking proposals. Visit: www.sector.ca to learn more about the event to be held on October 7 to 8, 2008.
SecTor is all about the meat – the content that matters to Canadian IT security professionals today. Of course IT security professionals will have fun and celebrate having the world’s best in Toronto, but the key to SecTor’s success, and thus the primary objective of the Management Committee and Advisory Committee, is quality content and presentation for attendees.
This is a call for speakers and papers. If SecTor has not approached you, but you believe you have a significant discovery or new research that the security community would value, or enjoy hearing about, SecTor invites you to submit your presentation topic for serious consideration.
To be included in first round speaker selection, please make your proposal submissions before April 30, 2008. The first round of speakers will be announced in the middle of May. You will not be contacted until that time. To allow for late breaking research to be presented, additional submissions will be accepted until August 31, 2008. This second round of speakers will be announced in early September.
SecTor attendees are a mix of security professionals and vendors, programmers, students, network administrators and IT executives. Preference will be given to speakers who can present new and innovative technical content to a broad audience. Of course, all presentations are expected to challenge the brightest and quickest of attendees – SecTor would not have it any other way.
SecTor is not a vendor fair. Consequently, there will be very little tolerance for commercial content within presentations. Attendees will be encouraged to quell any shameless marketing that is not immediately backed up with rationale for its inclusion.
Proposals should consist of the following information:
- Presenter and contact info (country of origin and residence-mail, postal address, phone, fax).
- Employer and/or affiliations.
- Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
- Any significant presentation and educational experience/background.
- Topic synopsis, proposed paper title, and a one paragraph description.
- Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important tutorial.
- Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
- Will you have full text available or only slides?
- Please list any other publications or conferences where this material has been or will be published/submitted.
Please include the plain text version of this information in your e-mail as well as any file: pdf, sxw, ppt, or html attachments.
Please forward the proposal and all relevant information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, contact SecTor by phone (toll free): 1-877-977-0330 or by e-mail: email@example.com.