bcIMC offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work we do helps to secure the retirements of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work here are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share bcIMC’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip bcIMC for the future.
bcIMC is seeking a permanent full-time Senior Business Analyst – Application Services in Victoria, British Columbia to research business requirements across bcIMC and manage the design and implementation of IT solutions. The Senior Business Analyst consults with staff at all levels and in all departments of the Corporation and works closely with other IT professionals and external suppliers to deliver results. The Senior Business Analyst often participates in or leads project teams.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for developing technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of bcIMC’s mission and long-term goals. Focusing on legacy applications, the Application Services branch is responsible for the day-to-day operations and ongoing support of bcIMC’s 80+ business systems.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer information systems, management information systems, computer science or related field
- 5+ years working in IT leadership / team lead / project lead roles, preferably in a financial services environment such as banking, pension funds, mutual funds, insurance, etc.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale IT projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors, while displaying a client service orientation
- Experience overseeing the execution of large technology initiatives including the launch of large IT projects
- Experience leading diverse technical teams with a strong ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organization
- Solid people management skills that align with the bcIMC culture including facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience managing diverse teams through significant change
- Experience working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units and the ability to influence stakeholders while effecting business change
- Proven ability to understand complex business requirements whilst communicating presenting detailed and advanced business solutions to technology teams
- Proven organizational skills while working across organizational boundaries and reporting lines – ability to work in an agile or matrix environment as required
- Successful completion of the CFA Claritas Program or Canadian Securities Course
- PMP or CBAP certification
Closing Date: July 6, 2017
To apply, go to https://careers.bcimc.com/res_joblist.html
bcIMC provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health plans, and a defined benefit pension plan. Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification, to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status, and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation
300-2950 JUTLAND RD | VICTORIA BC V8T 5K2 | WWW.BCIMC.COM
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.bcimc.com/res_joblist.html →