Website City of Hamilton
Your experience using GIS and reporting software and your ability to juggle multiple project deadlines are among the strengths you can bring to this key role with Hamilton Water.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager – Water Information Systems, you will plan, develop, manage, modify, customize, and co-ordinate Asset Management Systems for Hamilton Water. This will include creating custom workflows, custom reports, and integrations with other software utilized throughout the City. As a Senior Application Developer, you will also be responsible for testing and implementing new releases and patches, and providing recommendations on upgrades and implementation.
Your qualifications as a Senior Application Developer include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science Management theories and practices usually acquired by obtaining a degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline with progressive work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write, interpret and modify Microsoft SQL.
- Demonstrated work experience using Geographic Information Systems such as GeoMedia, and ESRI.
- Experience with reporting software (i.e., Crystal Reports, SSRS) to create reports utilizing data from various databases.
- Ability to deal with various project deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- General knowledge of infrastructure systems such as water, wastewater, and applicable system components, an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This CUPE Local 5167 Inside permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $38.471 to $43.717 per hour (based on a 35‑hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place in Canada to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Hamilton Water Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Senior Application Developer position, JOB ID #12691, and to apply online, by Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.hamilton.ca/careers →