One (1) position available, regular full time
Salary Range: $57.88 – $104.19
The Executive Director, Technology Operations will play a critical leadership role within the IT Executive Leadership team at AHS. This strategic position will lead the technology operations team aligned with the Technology Services Five-Year Strategic Plan, associated roadmaps and the AHS four foundational strategies. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer (AHS Title: Senior Operating Director, Technology Services (TS)) and will directly supervise three Directors whose combined reporting structures comprise 275 IT staff. With a focus on the performance and results of the Technology Operations team, including Infrastructure Services, Network Services and Unified Communication Services, you will oversee an operating budget of approximately $77M. You are a thought leader and influencer, easily able to build collaborative relationships across various IT portfolios and throughout the organization. You bring significant strategic level thinking, a strong business acumen and a background in Information Technology.
As the Executive Director, you will be accountable for the strategic direction and roadmaps for all areas. Network Services, Technology Infrastructure and Unified Communication Services. You must demonstrate long-range thinking and vision and ability to create a compelling vision of the future to ensuring that all plans and practices fit within the overall five-year strategic plan. You must be highly organized, with the ability to manage across multiple programs of work. You possess a strong sense of accountability and a track record of delivering results. You will establish objectives and directives that guide the delivery and monitoring of provincially integrated IT services that drive results for AHS. As an Executive Director, you will establish best practices in program management and ensure efficient resource utilization, as well as manage the scope and risk tolerance of projects and programs. You will also manage and ensure the strategic delivery of hundreds of large multi-year contracts of high book value essential for successful service delivery to AHS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or relevant studies.
- 5 – 10 years of executive level leadership experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience overseeing IT operations including Network Services, Technology Infrastructure, IT Security or Unified Communication Services. A combination of educational qualifications and experience will be considered.
- Experience developing, articulating, and implementing strategic and operational plans.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with strong record of building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong sense of accountability, service orientation, and a track record of delivering results.
- Strong business acumen and exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven leadership skills and record of developing high functioning teams.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology.
- Experience in healthcare or public sector.
- A passion for healthcare.
Apply online and join our dynamic team today! Go to ALB00052891 and click on Apply Now, then search requisition number ALB00052891.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.albertahealthservices.ca/jobs/executive-director-technology-operations-99717 →