Competition number: J1118-0400
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full-time, two (2) year term
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary scale: $ 57,000 to $ 83,200
Closing date: December 2, 2018
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on stages across the country.
Our Five Core Values:
Go Above and Beyond
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Data Analyst will work closely with the Payroll team in the maintenance, enhancement and quality assurance of the NAC’s payroll databases and systems. Using their expertise in SQL and MS Access, the incumbent will be accountable for the stability, reliability, and performance of our in-house databases, forms and systems. The Data Analyst will play a key role in the development of queries and production of various reports for legislated requirements as well as for operational requirements including but not limited to remittances, internal controls, general ledger, etc.
The Data Analyst will be on the front lines for the troubleshooting and development of solutions, reports and tools using SQL and MS Access interfaces associated with payroll productions to support payroll and benefits activities on a daily basis. This may also involve defining and analysing specifications for interfaces with other systems. The incumbent will contribute to the implementation of changes to our in-house payroll systems and databases in collaboration with various internal stakeholders and consultant and will ensure accurate follow through of information and changes. As such, the Data Analyst will develop and maintain detailed documentation of procedures and methods to ensure proper business continuity.
This role will also be involved in the payroll system renewal project that will be initiated in the fall of 2018.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience and advanced skills in MS SQL and MS Access;
- Knowledge of financial systems, SunSystems or similar products;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to assess, analyze and redesign processes and procedures for optimal efficiency;
- Previous experience with Ceridian Insync or a similar product is an asset;
- Advanced analytical and acute attention to details;
- Effective organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to embrace change and highly adaptable to new challenges and opportunities;
- Team player and ability to share knowledge with the team;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment as part of a very busy team;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with strong work ethic;
- Bilingualism in both official languages (english, french) would be an asset.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for their relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our careers website at www.nac-cna.ca
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers →